As businesses are slowly returning to the office, it is important to consider the health and safety of your employees and your customers. While this transition looks different for everyone, I think we can all agree that we are ready for some social (socially distanced) interaction. For businesses returning to the office, whether that be full-time or part-time, you need to take appropriate measures to ensure safety amongst staff.
If you are a business looking to reopen, it is crucial that you follow the CDC guidelines for strategies to help prevent workplace exposures to COVID-19. Employers need to consider how to decrease the spread and lower the impact of this disease in the workplace. This includes preventing and reducing transmission among employees, maintaining healthy business operations and a healthy work environment.
Preventing and Reducing Transmission Among Employees
1. Encourage sick employees to stay home
2. Take temperatures daily
3. Encourage employees to wear a mask
4. As an employer, notify the workplace if an employee tests positive
5. Encourage hand washing
Maintaining Healthy Business Operations
1. Implement a flexible sick leave
2. If available, implement a work from home policy
3. Consider creating a hotline for employees to voice their concerns anonymously
4. Share best practices with other business partners about response efforts
5. Allow employees to come back in phases
Maintaining a Healthy Work Environment
1. Ensure the workplace has a proper ventilation system
2. Provide face masks to visitors
3. Perform routine cleaning and disinfecting
4. Implement a policy for employees who have been traveling
5. Utilize videoconferencing when possible
As much as we all want things to go back to “normal” we must realize that this virus has completely changed each and everyone’s definition of normal. The only way to get back to what life was like before COVID-19 means living with precautions and taking measures to prevent the spread of this virus.
At Focus, we have implemented a work from home policy as well as employees coming back into the office in phases. Our office space has a mandatory mask mandate which ensures the safety of not only Focus employees but our customers and other businesses utilizing the space as well. We want our customers to feel safe upon entering the office space when necessary and taking precautions recommended by the CDC.